The machine can be used to encode your own secret messages! Send and receive secret messages to anyone who has a machine.
Hardwood construction with gears cut from ¼” thick wood. All letters and text are deeply laser engraved into the wood. Base is USA Hickory. The gears turn on alloy steel pins. Measures about 13" x 5" x 1.3"
The Blog "House of Little Tomato" incorporated the Enigma 37 in their Escape Room Party.
If you would like to purchase additional gears please visit this page.
© 2016 Creative Crafthouse Made in Hudson, FL, USA
A summary of how to use the machine is listed below. I recommend you watch the video to make it clear. It’s a very fast and easy process once you learn how to do it.
1.Define an initial gear order. Each gear is labeled by A, B, or C. Set the gears on the pins in the order you select.
2. Define the initial Key, 3 characters long. The Key defines the gear orientations. Arrange each gear such the pointer on the board points to the key letter on the Gear. If the Key was DOG for instance, the first gear would be set to D at the arrow. The second gear to O at the arrow; and the third gear to G at the arrow. The The key can be embedded in the message or for better security it can be communicated separately.
3. Write the english text that you wish to encode in the lines and boxes marked “Text” on the provided worksheet; or just on a piece of paper if you don’t have a worksheet. Do not use spaces or punctuation.
4. The right side gear is the English Text wheel. To begin encryption, find the 1st letter of your message and align it with the arrow next to this wheel. Read the corresponding letter that appears at the top arrow of the gear 1, which is the left gear on the board. Write this letter in the “Code” block of your worksheet right below the letter you just encoded. Next set the English Test wheel to the second letter of your message. Read the encoded letter on the 2nd (middle) gear. Repeat this process of going from the left gear(1) to the center gear (2).
5. At any point along the way you can define a new wheel order or a new key. This could be communicated separately or embedded within the message in a way you can devise on your own.
6. Note you can use the same worksheet to decode an encrypted message when you know the wheel order and key. Write the coded message in the code blocks. Set the wheel order and key. Now read from gears 1 and 2 in order and find the english text letter on the right hand gear.
A lot of our puzzles can be customized with different images, text, symbols and codes.
If you are placing an order for any puzzle which requires a code such as:
- Magnet Maze
- Disk Maze
- Directional Lock Puzzle
- Grille Cipher
- Holey Moley
- Braille Box
Please select "Yes" to customization and Email me the code.
All Magnet Mazes require a code from you, the other puzzles will have a standard code used if a custom code is not selected.
International Orders Please Email me the code at Phil@CreativeEscapeRooms.com
There is not an additional charge for a custom code on Magnet Mazes. There is a small fee for customizing the puzzles.
It is very important to relay codes for mazes and any custom information to me at the time of your order.
I cannot get started until knowing exactly what you want. If I do not have this information it will increase the amount of time it takes for you to have the puzzle in your hands.
If you would like to add images or more extensive customization please contact me prior to placing your order so we can work out the details.
I can also create custom one off props to fit in with the exact needs of your room. If you have an idea please do not hesitate to contact me. We may just be able to bring it to life.
CreativeEscapeRooms.com Ships Worldwide
Please note international shipping times have been effected by Covid-19. Not all shipments will be impacted; however, there is a chance your order will experience a moderate to significant increase in transit time. If it seems your package is taking longer than normal be sure to check the tracking link and contact your local Post.
Please see below for for a Q&A conducted among me and myself regarding International shipping. If you have any additional questions or need clarification please contact me directly.
Q: Do you ship your escape room puzzles internationally?
A: Yes! We should all around the world.
Q: What is the cost of international shipping?
A: Cost will vary depending upon the overall weight of your order. Fortunately, we have a fantastic partnership when it comes to international shipping rates which will save you money.
Q: How do I take advantage of your discounted international shipping rates?
A: It is very easy. Simply select your country from the pop-up window or the dropdown box at the top of the page. This will translate the site to your native language and currency. Not only will this activate the international shipping platform, but allow you to browse our site in your language and currency.
Q: How long does it normally take for international shipments to arrive?
A: Travel time varies country to country. Expect around 15 days.
Q: I can't wait that long is there any option to receive my puzzles faster?
A: Indeed there is. If you do not mind paying more for shipping I can have them sent via DHL. The shipping time for this service is normally 2-5 days. If you would like to use this shipping option please contact me directly as it is not available through the website.
Q: What about Customs?
A: Each country handles Custom's duties differently. If you are concerned over what the duty may be on your order I suggest checking your Country's rates prior to completing your order.
Q: How much will Customs cost?
A: This also varies with each Country. It is important to note you as the receiver of the shipment are responsible for paying any and all taxes/duties/fees imposed by your Country. I/Creative Escape Rooms are not responsible for any taxes/duties/fees imposed by your Country.
Q: How long does it take for you to ship an order?
A: This is a tricky one as it really depends upon what you order. Some puzzles (such as mazes) take longer to make than a cipher wheel or lobby puzzle. Often times I can have an order ready to ship within 5 business days. Other factors such as custom requests/engraving will increase lead time.
Q: Why is my order shipping to Folcroft, PA. I do not even live in the United States?!
A: The address shown in Folcroft, PA is an International Shipping Hub. From there your puzzles will be redirected to you. The confirmation Email sent after placing your order contains another link with more detailed shipping/tracking information.