Return and Refund Policy
Q: Do you accept returns?
A: Yes; however, Custom work cannot be returned.
- Brain Teasers and games can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
Returns on Escape Room Puzzle and Props:
- If the puzzle/prop came in shrink wrap it must still be in the shrink wrap unopened.
- The return must be made within 30 days of delivery date
- The item(s) cannot have been used in any capacity. This means if it has been through a test run or used for a day it cannot be returned. If the item(s) shows any signs of use a refund will not be issued. Do not send back a used item expecting a refund. Be honest.
- You are responsible for return shipping. Shipping cost to send the item to you will not be refunded.
- A refund will not be issued until the item(s) have been received. Once the item(s) has been received and if meets the criteria above a refund will be initiated. It can take up to 7 days for the refund to be processed. (If I could make the refund process faster I would, but that is not something I have control over.)
Q: Will you refund a purchase?
A: Refunds on brain teasers and puzzles will be processed once the item has been received. Please contact me prior informing me you are making a return and why.
A: Refunds on Escape Room puzzles and propswill only be made under the following two conditions:
- The item(s) was damaged during shipping. If this occurs you will need to Email pictures of:
- The broken item(s)
- The box it was shipped in
- We made a mistake while making your item(s). This can be construction related or an issue with incorrect custom work. In this case please Email:
- A picture of the item(s) showing the issue
- The approved custom work
- We will not refund an item broken do to a player using excessive force. All of our items are built with escape rooms in mind. They will take a beating, but not an unreasonable amount. If a player manages to rip the lid off of a puzzle box that is not reasonable. Be realistic about what happened. If it is a fault on our part we will issue a refund. We will not issue a refund because a player used a key to pry open a box or threw it against the floor in frustration (just two examples I have encountered in the past). Again, be realistic and honest about what happened.